Monday, September 30, 2013

2014 the year of the Ironman!

Yep, I officially lost my mind today and am now signed up for 2014 Ironman 70.3 Raleigh in June and 2014 Ironman Louisville in August. That's right 2014 is going to be the year of the Ironman!!

Sorry future children, while I was going to wait for you to be around to witness me finishing my first Ironman, you'll have to see it in videos and pictures instead. But friends and family, please do consider coming out and supporting us in Raleigh and/or Louisville next year. I know I'm going to need as many Ironman sherpas and cheerleaders as possible, especially during the run! Both races promise to be hot, hot, hot and you'll need to hang around for anywhere from 6 to 14 hours, but I promise you it'll be worth it!

Seriously, I cannot tell you how scary it was to hit that complete purchase button. Not only are 70.3 (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike and 13.1 mile run) and 140.6 miles (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run) intimidating numbers, the training that comes with it is pretty intense as well. Not to mention the mental and physical challenges I am sure to experience as I train and race each of these events. But now that it's done, I am beyond excited! In less than a year I should be able to call myself an Ironman!

In 2009, Pablo and I committed to complete the Climate Ride, a 300-mile ride from NYC to DC. Back then I could not imagine completing anything more intensive than that, but here we are committing to another amazing set of events. I knew there was a reason I married that man! We keep each other on our toes and make each other stronger every day and I cannot wait to start training for these races together! Here's to a super active 2014!



No comments:

Post a Comment